Location: Fresno, CA
Facility: Fresno County Jail, Adult Detention, Juvenile Justice
Shift: Day 10 hour
Recruiter: Cheryl Klarich
Under direct supervision of the Health Services Administrator (HSA), Program Manager (PM), or higher medical professional, the Physician’s Assistants (PA) and Nurse Practitioners (NP) will assist the Physician in all medical care and treatment of the patient population including but not limited to behavioral health disorders. The PA and NP will coordinate the patient plan of care through assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in collaboration with the healthcare team and in compliance with all agency, local, state, federal laws and regulations.
• Completion of a master’s program in nursing (NPs) or an accredited education program for PAs
• Previous correctional/detention facility experience
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience
• Unrestricted current license, certification or registration in state of practice - must maintain all certifications, educational requirements, licensing, etc.
• Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration
• Current (and must maintain) lifesaving BLS and PALS (where applicable) certification through AHA
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer