Wellpath is the premier provider of localized, high-quality, compassionate care to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. We deliver medical and behavioral healthcare through a family of local and state providers in correctional facilities, inpatient and residential treatment facilities, forensic treatment facilities, civil commitment centers and community care centers. Wellpath employs nearly 15,000 professionals at over 500 facilities in 34 states across America and Australia, and cares for more than 300,000 patients each day.
NOW is your moment to make a difference! Join our Wellpath family and make a difference everyday providing care to society’s most vulnerable and often overlooked individuals. Our team has the distinct honor and responsibility to show up with non-judgmental compassion to provide hope and healing to those who need it most. For those of you whose calling it is to serve others, we get it, it is ours too. This is your moment not only to advance your career, but to join a mission that aligns with your own. We are Wellpath. We are the right people, striving to do the right thing. We will continue to create healthier communities — wherever we go, wherever we grow — one patient at a time.
About this role
Our Nurse Practitioner is responsible for the medical assessment and treatment of medical conditions of the residents under the supervision of the primary care physician.
Weekends Only - *New Rates*
What you bring to the table
- Requires a Master’s Degree in Nursing.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience practicing medicine required.
- Recent experience working in an independent clinical environment is desired.
- Experience in active patient care as a Family Practice nurse practitioner required.
- Experience working in a community health setting with immigrant populations.
- Ability to read and communicate in English.
- Ability to communicate well verbally.
- Excellent written, verbal, and computer skills.
- Must possess an active license as Advanced Practice Nurse.
- Current certification in basic life support/ACLS.
What you will do
- Provides comprehensive assessment, plan development, implementation of plan of care and evaluation of effectiveness of interventions with revisions as necessary.
- Performs admission and annual physicals.
- Initiates, monitors, and alters medications and treatments within approved guidelines and policies and procedures. Documents all work.
- Evaluates and documents physical and behavioral reviews. Identifies and evaluates illnesses. Compiles and evaluates medical histories and physical finding. Initiates diagnostic laboratory test and interprets and evaluates laboratory results. Intervenes in resident medical emergencies, and provides medical coverage to the infirmary.
- Monitors medication and initiates appropriate therapies for certain conditions and changes medications according to variations in a patient’s response within established protocols.
- Observes and differentiates between signs and symptoms associated with normal human physiology and those indicative of pathological changes.
- Documents all relevant patient care issues in patients’ progress notes and treatment plan all relevant patient care issues.
- Monitors and manages medical patients and appropriately refers to other specialists and disciplines.
- Contributes to the Employee Health program via activities such as pre-employment physical exams and clearance, employee immunization administration, employee health teaching, and assessment of employee medical emergencies and/or injuries.
- Provides input to the health care policies and procedures and assists with sick call triage.
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patients as individuals, and considers the culture of the patients when providing care and treatment.
- Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that is consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span developmental needs of each resident.
- Follows all established medical and healthcare treatment protocols.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Our investment in you
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
- Time off & leave benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental benefits
- Perks and discounts
- And more available here https://wellpathcareers.com/
We encourage you to apply!
If you are excited about a role but your experience doesn’t seem to align perfectly with every element of the job description, we encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this, or one of our many other roles.