Let’s face it, you’re looking for it all — mission, culture, skills match, room to grow, and more. We offer a one-of-a-kind opportunity to make a difference in trauma-informed care within our Behavioral and Mental Health Programs. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to “Always Do The Right Thing!”
Talk with the people who do the work now, every day and find out how you can make a difference. Take the first bold step forward and find your meaningful career here at Wellpath Recovery Solutions.
About this role
Our Psychiatrist assumes responsibility for the admission, continuing care, and discharge of patients. Our Staff Psychiatrist provides leadership to the multi-disciplinary treatment team, and participates in performance improvement and other activities.
What you bring to the table
Education for Psychiatrist:
Experience for Psychiatrist:
Licenses/Certifications for Psychiatrist:
What you will do
- Completes an initial psychiatric assessment within 24 hours of admission. Completes a comprehensive treatment plan within deadlines. Develops, reviews, and updates individualized treatment and discharge plans in conjunction with interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Treatment includes prescription of psychotropic drugs in accordance, when applicable, with practice guidelines as well as the use of other modalities. Follows up and monitors tests and consultations, provides education and diagnosis to the patients and when applicable, their families. Documents ongoing care and discharge readiness. Conducts daily rounds on the unit.
- Completes a summary of treatment including a mental status exam before the one-year anniversary of the patient’s admission. Completes all discharge summaries within 30 days of patients discharge.
- Documents completely all services provided in the patient's medical record. Properly documents on patients chart as required by 155 or applicable State Standards, Joint Commission and other regulations. Ensures quality and legibility of his/her written orders and progress notes.
- Supervises the overall medical care received by the patients, reviews and oversees the treatment plan, leadership on the multi-disciplinary team, supervision of appropriate staff and students, and clinical oversight of unit activities.
- Conducts admission and evaluation of all patients admitted to the unit including psychiatric interviews, review of referral materials and request additional investigative data as indicated. The psychiatrist’s initial assessment includes a comprehensive psychiatric evaluation, mental status examination, assessment for movement disorders and formulation of the patients’ capacity to consent. The psychiatrist initiates treatment with psychotropic medicines and other available modalities in accordance with facility policy.
- Takes appropriate steps to insure early detection of patients’ competency and readiness for discharge. Provides timely and complete reports to the court. As a team member makes efforts toward the achievement of the facilities goals of 20 discharges per month. Effectively prescribes and monitors psychotropic medications aimed at reducing psychiatric symptoms, restoration of competence and community discharge.
- Participates in at least 50% of the department's meetings unless excused by his/her supervisor. Participates in assigned additional workgroups. Participates in assigned committees.
- Demonstrates understanding of, and complies with special precautions, disaster and fire safety procedures, assists with finding alternatives to seclusion and restraint, knowledge of abuse reporting.
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patients as an individual, and considers the culture of the patients when providing care and treatment.
- Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that is consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span developmental needs of each patient.
- Continues professional development through in-service education, workshops, conferences and self-study necessary to maintain current knowledge applicable to the position.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Our investment in you
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
- Time off & leave benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental benefits
- Perks and discounts
- And more available here https://wellpathcareers.com/
We encourage you to apply!
If you are excited about a role but your experience doesn’t seem to align perfectly with every element of the job description, we encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this, or one of our many other roles.